Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Do you ever have one of those moments? You look at your child and suddenly they are not the same person they were yesterday. They not only look different, but they sound a bit older, carry themselves more assuredly. My two year old has done that to me several times as of late, but Seleia has really overwhelmed me lately. How is my baby a young woman already? With her 10th birthday fast approaching, the ear piercing rite-of-passage on the horizon, and plans for no less than a roller skating party, I find myself sitting back and taking it all in. She just got here, and she could be halfway to having a family of her own! I don't want to take a single second for granted. For the next 18 days, I still have a 9 year old. Oh, how I love her.

2 comments:

QCharmaine said...

Girl...I miss you! They grow to fast, just wait until the hormones make her go wacky. Mine just turned 11 and she is an emotional roller coaster!

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

Good to see you on your blog again. I was wondering how you were. Your kids got so much bigger. Hope you and family are well!

Sonya