Friday, June 17, 2011

Finding Spring!!



















This last week was the end of our drama season, with Elora shining as Pinky the Tulip in Finding Spring.  Toad is distraught that he can't find Spring, even though it's only early March, so Frog, Snail, Wormeena and the others join in to help him look, only to discover it wasn't the season he was looking for, but his cousin, named Spring. Elora made the cutest flower bulb ever, of course, and was hilarious when she got irritated with Toad for all the noise and threw a "rock", nailing him in the head. "Look, it's that Toad again. He really is quite self-centered.  Doesn't he realize that bulbs need their sleep?  How does he expect ME to be ready for SPRING?  Silly old Toad!  Get a life!"  Everyone was cast so perfectly and did such a great job. (Though, I have to admit that one of my favorite things was Frog's English accent coming and going throughout the performance.) The musical numbers were so much fun, Elora's solo was beautiful, and her smile lasted for days!  Way to go Elora!  We're so proud of you!

3 comments:

Who am I... said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How much fun! I so wish I could have been there! She is the most beautiful tulip I have EVER seen, and I think all tulips are beautiful, so that is saying something! Please tell her I love her with my whole heart! Mimi

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful Tulip your Elora made! you must be very proud.