Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Wall

Until I can get around to painting these walls in a cheerier color (buttercream!), we'll just have to settle for perking things up in other ways! I juggled things around a bit, so now when you walk in the front door you're no longer greeted by my 1930's secretary desk but by these pictures. (My favorites? Amarra's watercolor on the top right and Dashiell's "live long and prosper" hand print on the day he turned 6 months old.)  It's a hodgepodge of what we had on hand ( I drew the girl on the bottom and painted the zebra the morning I threw this wall together, but the frames were already hanging around.) so when the walls get dressed in their new color I may buy some frames (any excuse to go to Ikea!) and change things up a bit. In the meantime, we're having fun with this!  I love using/rearranging what you've got in unexpected new ways. Plus, it keeps Joel on his toes...who knows what will be different by the end of the week.

No comments: