Friday, February 25, 2011

Gluten Free Snickerdoodles

I love to experiment with recipes. So many gluten free recipes are far more complicated than necessary, in my humble opinion, so I tend to make up my own. I keep promising to share recipes with the lovely Fiona Everest, so here is a simple and, if I do say so myself (Okay, all the kids on our block gobbled them up when they were hanging out here during this week's snow days, so I'm not just saying it myself.) delicious GF cookie recipe.

GLUTEN FREE SNICKERDOODLES:
In a large bowl, blend together well:
    1/2 lb. (2 sticks) of softened butter, preferably unsalted
    2 lg eggs
    1 1/2 c. organic evaporated cane juice crystals

Add, mixing until well combined:
    1 1/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
    1/2 c. tapioca flour
    1/2 c. potato starch
    2 t cream of tartar
    1 t baking soda
    1 t xanthan gum
    1/4 t. salt

In a shallow dish combine ;
    1/4 c organic evaporated cane juice crystals
    4 t ground cinnamon

Roll into 1 1/4 inch balls and coat each ball well in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees, spaced 2 1/2 - 3 inches apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, for 11 minutes. Cool on sheet one minute before transferring to rack to cool completely.

Store in airtight container. (If any last long enough to actually store, that is.)



1 comment:

Elegantpaws said...

These sound yummy! I love finding tasty and easy gf things as i'm not much of a cook! I have a link to a yummy gf banana bread on my blog if you'd like to have a look!

http://elegantpaws.blogspot.com/2010/11/gluten-free-banana-bread.html