Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love Letters





I get love letters on a regular basis.  Sometimes they come in an envelope. Sometimes they come in picture form. Sometimes they are addressed to Love, Honey, Melanie or Mom. Sometimes Mama. Sometimes even an Amamama slips in when the letter's author gets carried away with their new handwriting skills. They always, however, are accompanied by a hug, a kiss, and a beaming look of pride as they are presented to me....a tiny treasure, a token of affection. I post them on the fridge, the walls, by my bed. I might even use one as a bookmark or keep one in my purse "for special".  The one thing I never want do do with these letters, though, is take them for granted. I cherish every picture, every heart, every X and every O. I am overwhelmingly blessed by this love, and all I can do is strive to be worthy of it.  With Valentine's Day fast approaching, don't forget to write a few love letters. Decorate something with hearts or ribbons.  Do something, anything, special to show those you love that you don't take them for granted, either. They see the best versions of ourselves, more than we could ever see in the mirror.  They don't dwell on our mistakes, they forgive and forget that time (or twelve) we lost our tempers. Our loved ones shape who we are and who we want to become. So this year, don't forget to say, "I love you, too!"

1 comment: