Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Look What I Made





The girls have been begging for curtains for ages, and I'd completed ONE panel when I was whisked into the hospital last summer, so that really put a damper on finishing the pair. Recently, to the girls' delight, I dragged the ol' sewing machine out and completed panel number two. The heart fabric in the center of each panel matches their duvet covers, which is the same fabric in red. The rest goes with the overwhelmingly bubblegum pink on the walls. (For those who do not know, I DID NOT paint that color on there, it was here when we moved in, Had I tried to change it, however, I would have had a mutiny on my hands! I've noticed, though, that with so many pictures hanging on the walls I no longer see spots after looking straight at the pink.) The pink fabric on the window panels sparkles, though you can't tell from the photos. As for the orange polka dots....well, if you're going all out with color and pattern, you might as well do it with gusto!  The green ribbon tabs match the color of paint I have for the soon-to-be-purchased bunk beds. (We've gotta break up the blush and bashful at least a little bit, no?) The panels are lined with super-thick, super-soft insulating fabric which has been lovely on these below freezing nights and should be even more lovely on 100 plus degrees in the summer!
Anyway, they're a huge hit with the girls, and that's what counts! Every room should spark imagination!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Sort of Miami Vice meets the princesses on steroids!

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing! Great job.