Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ten. Months. Old.





I am so. in. love. with this little man. His smile, his laugh...the way he brightens up every single time he sees me. That his favorite things are books. The way he adores his daddy and has a special, though different, relationship with each of his sisters. That he loves spicy foods. The way he sings to me, as he was during our little dance party above. His personality is so much larger than life. I can't imagine our lives without the blessing that is Dashiell Monroe. And I can't believe he's ten months old! That this time last year no one was sure he'd make it to birth!

Dashiell is determined to stand up unassisted, but doesn't make it more than about a second. He walks very well if you hold his hands, and is ever so proud of himself. So far, Dash has seven teeth, and within about a week or so we'll see three more. Of course, he is a fast little crawler. He is learning the no-no's around the house (and that the pots-n-pans cabinet in the kitchen is the one cabinet he gets a green light on.Woohoo!) Yesterday I had to give him a bit of a lecture..."We don't bite, Dashiell.  You hurt Mama when you did that and earlier you hurt sissy when you bit her.  That is not nice."...and he actually lowered his head while wearing a look of shame...twice...and then looked up at me with a beaming, "But you adore me because I'm so cute and you could never stay mad at lil' ol' me", look and actually batted his eyelashes. I am in so much trouble.

I genuinely loved the time that I had with the girls as babies, but having had all three of them within 37 months made things a bit more interesting. Now I get to be so much more relaxed...everyone else is potty trained, for crying out loud. (I can just hear Seleia's "MOmmm!" when she reads that.) I'm having so much fun with little man.

I'm thankful every day.

4 comments:

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

Oh enjoy that little one. Wow, 37 months with 3 girls!!!! I bet it's nice that they are close in age. They can all play together.

NYC and the West Village could be overrated when you have kids. I am loving the suburbs for my kids too.

Oh, and I don't have sunshine in my yard. That is the very edge of the drive way where the sunshine happens. My whole yard and house is completely shaded!!!! VERY VERY SAD! I'd love to see pics of your garden sometime! Have a fabulous Thursday!

Sonya

Who am I... said...

He is growing WAY to fast!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!!!!! Cute biscuits and all! Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable, he lowered his head when being told off for biting bless him! Why am i not surprised by the charming eyelash batting and probably a cute little smile too lol. Such a sweet and cute boy!